#theunstoppable: Table-type boring mill JUARISTI TX7-S for TATA Steel
4 Feb 2021
The solution manufactured for Tata Steel, which will be destined for the Jamshedpur plant in eastern India, is one of the most wellknown machine configurations from JUARISTI. It is a table-type milling-boring center with headstock restrained in column and wide workspace (table with capacity of up to 40 tons).
This configuration stands out for its long travels (3,500 mm, 2,500 mm, 2,000 mm and 800 mm on the X, Y, Z, W axes). It features linear guideways with carriages of high precision and rigidity on the vertical longitudinal and cross travel.
High power and torque
The heart of the machine is the boring spindle, which in this case has a diameter of 150 mm, 70 kW of power and a 3,500 Nm torque.
Those characteristics are highly significant when working with large boring tools and facing heads, because they require a high spindle torque. In addition, the main spindle can reach a rotation speed of 3,000 min-1 thanks to the oil-air lubrication system in the main gears.
- Main spindle diameter: 150 mm
- Rotation speed: 3,000 min-1
- Spindle drive continuous: 70 kW
- Main spindle torque: 3,500 Nm
The machine incorporates milling heads of different types to facilitate various of machining techniques. Specifically, it includes two vertical milling heads of different types, one with higher power (30 kW) and another one with longer length (1.200 mm) to reach difficult to access areas of the workpieces, one Universal Milling Head ACN1 and a main spindle support L=550mm.
Great project for a strategic partner
TATA STEEL and JUARISTI have been strategic partners since 2005, when we supplied to TATA STEEL India two table-type boring and milling centers TS5 model, of up to 30 tons load capacity and a hydrostatic rotary table with 70 tons load capacity. Likewise, last year, JUARISTI supplied to the indian company two machines model TX3S-MGX20, that at this moment are being assembled at their workshop in India.
The pre-acceptance of the last machines was carried out by videoconference due to the impossibility for the staff of TATA to travel to the JUARISTI facilities due to the exceptional situation resulting from the pandemic.
In any case, the whole process went smoothly and easily thanks to the mutual collaboration and full confidence, as the two companies have been working together as strategic partners for more than a decade.
- Un completo centro de fresado y mandrinado para fabricar grandes trituradoras de minerales y rocas en India
- ANDRITZ confía en JUARISTI el suministro de una gran mandrinadora de columna móvil para grandes componentes de la industria papelera
- #theunstoppable: planer-type boring and milling center with customized vertical table
- Dos grandes centros de fresado para el líder turco en la fabricación de maquinaria agrícola
- CSIC: una mandrinadora hidrostática para la fabricación de grandes barcos en China